The web is overflowing with content and images. So, it’s difficult to stand out and reach the target audience and grab their attention. Same goes for Twitter where you experience spam accounts, bots & serial followers who follow your profile to grow number of followers in an unethical manner.
You need to work hard if you want to create a meaningful count of followers and not just click the follow button several thousand times. Let’s take a look at a few strategies that help in better user engagement of your Twitter account.
1. Create valuable content & repeatedly share it: Write about an article that is trending in market. Or if you have grown your audience with a specific interest, write about the same interest & there are chances that you will get more clicks.
Another strategy that is unknown is the value of sharing any content several times in a given day. Twitter allows your tweets on the top for a specific period of time unless a follower visits your profile so schedule any post for twice or thrice a day and see the results. If pointing to any external link, shorten the URL using any of the tools available in market. Don’t forget to check the statistics of clicks on your shortened URL.
2. Commenting on relevant tweets: Try to enter into an ongoing conversation through commenting on trends, news & user profiles. Try to search for the trending topics in your state/country. The type of conversation you are entering in should be of interest to your current following base. Join the discussions that you and your brand care about. Entering into an irrelevant conversation can force your followers unfollow your account. For instance, if your brand deals in home decoration accessories, it is meaningless to enter into a discussion on politics.
3. Retweet Relevant Content: Try to follow the leaders of your industry and retweet the meaningful content they are sharing. When you share a tweet from an industry leader, your brand gets associated with their image and chances of collaboration or reciprocal sharing increases.
4. Use Promoted Tweets or Trends: If your budget allows you to promote a tweet or trend in a province or a country, don’t be afraid of doing that. Twitter offers 3 types of advertising options: promoted tweets, promoted trends & promoted accounts. Paid marketing through twitter can be used if there is urgency of an event, for instance, launch of a new product.
5. Ask for Retweets: Now you have got quality content and good number of followers, ask their help for retweeting your tweets. All you have to do is spell out a word “retweet” into your tweet. Studies show that mentioning retweet into the post can increase the number of retweets by your followers 12 to 23 times.